Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I Laugh in the Face of Children

I love my nieces and nephews dearly.  I think they offer great comedic relief at times when conversations with adults lack personality. conversations with kids just go better sometimes.

That is of course, unless you are talking to my 5 year old niece that happens to know everything and will gladly tell you so in an argument.

One particular day, my patience was wearing particulary thin with the child so I was doing my best to favor her three year old brother because that is just how i deal with children, I play them off one another.  

My nephew and I share a common interest in the show Fraggle Rock.  My favorite character is "The Great, and All Knowing,  Incredible Trash Hep. Meeeeehh"

The best part about the whole thing is the whiney "Meeeeehhh" by her introductors Phino and Grunge, the rats that discovered her and act as her lackeys.  So my nephew and I will randomly go up to each other and say "TRASH HEAP!" and the other will respond with a hearty "Meeeeeeeh"

So my niece, not one to miss an opportunity for redemption, runs up to me and goes, "Hey Julia! Uhhh....  uhmm..... uhhhhh......" and then she blankly stared at me and said "GARBAGE PILE!!! Ewwwwww."

And there we have it.  she committed fully to what she was saying and she looked like a buffoon.  and thats all I ask out of life.  To make sure that every5 yea r old has a moment to bring themselves off their pedestals and just see to it that they fail with confidence.  Because God knows all we need on this earth is a 5 year old that knows it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment