Thursday, October 6, 2011

I swear I'm not high

So I went to the bathroom today at work.  Not a ground breaking experience but something did happen that was worth a blog.

Whilst on the throne, I looked down at the floor and noticed a cute little centipede, no longer than an inch, making its way to who knows where.  I watched as its tiny little legs made wave like ripples through its body.  It was almost poetic.   Then I witnessed it making a zig zag formation and as my little bug went on, I thought maybe it would walk in the depression of the tiles, but no, it turned it's head and again the path turned jagged.

This puzzled me.  Why wouldn't this damned bug walk in a straight line?  Then I pondered, why do I expect it to?  Does this bug know where it is traveling to?  Do I know where I am traveling to?  Do I walk in straight lines? 

Sometimes I feel like people expect me to walk in the depression of the tiles.  An indentation that they made themselves and expect me to just follow along.

So then I thought, way to go little bug!  Do your own thing!  I don't know where you are going, and I don't know where I am going, but we are going to find our own paths to get there!  And then the wave motioned body crawled out of my sight and I realized where I was.  So I finished my business and exited the stall. 

Kind of intense for a bathroom break eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment