Thursday, June 16, 2011

Compromise.... We haz it.

Mike and I have started a wonderful thing.  We call it Monday Night Grocery getting.   Thats right.
It begins on Sunday.  Over dinner, we discuss the foods that tempt our taste buds and plan our dinner meals for Monday through Sunday.

The on Monday night, we pack up Lil' Sebastian and we head out to Wal-Mart and get the baby food for the week.  Then we take a ride over to Hy-Vee and get the grown up food for the week.

This all sounds mature and domestic, but we are deep into week 2 of this adventure and I am already seeing flaws in the system.  You see, Thursday night this week is supposed to be salad.  I hate salad.  I don't see it as a main course.  Not even with grilled chicken on top.  I want sides, and a real meat.  What can you side with salad when the salad is just a larger portion of a side?

I decided to get creative.  Tonight, for dinner, I am making cheeseburger salad.  Its basically the most awesome thing I've ever thought of.  Picture this, lettuce, tomato, cheese, onion, croutons.  Your typical salad no?  Add this, pickles, and ground beef.  Bam.  Cheeseburger salad.  Now, do I do ketchup as a dressing, OOOORRRRRR  Add bacon bits and stick with a classic Ranch dressing for a bacon ranch burger salad?  

Too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment